Friday, December 5, 2008

inherit one of these as your own.

I was rummaging around in the pounce section a few days ago & i ran across this shop. She has added a lot of new items! She has really neat jewelry. I thought you guys might like what shes creating.

1.) What is your name?

Angela Elizabeth(after my G’ma) Schmid

2.) Tell us about yourself.
Well, I live in Seattle Washington but grew up in a small town in the eastern part of the state (Moses Lake to be exact). I had the typical small town experience of life on the farm, 4-H meetings, county fairs, etc. I have always been a free spirited, adventurous person for the most part so I moved to Seattle for come fashion design school and haven’t looked back since! Currently I am working for Unionbay clothing company (small Juniors co.) and having a great time with it! I love to go to concerts, dance (mainly the robot), go to movies, read(not enough really), and just have fun with great friends. And I can’t forget I also love to spend time with my amazing boyfriend Nicholas and my sweet little kitty cat Sophie.

3.) What is the Url of your store?
www.inherit.etsy.com

4.) How long have you been a crafter?
Crafter… probably since the day I could pick up a pair of scissors. That is what you do for fun in a small town! Through 4-H you do all sorts of little crafts and activities so I was always doing something. Sewing was my main passion but since discovering jewelry that has taken a back seat.

5.) Please list the type of item( s) you sale.
RECLAIMED JEWELRY (necklaces which are my fav, earring, bracelets)!! I find all sorts of awesome second hand, maybe vintage, objects at thrift stores and recreate them into one-of-a-kind pieces by mixing in new elements.

6.) What / Whom inspires you to create?
Every piece that I find has some sort of history or story to it… a personality. That is really where the inspiration starts. History has always been really interesting to me so I think it naturally carries over into my point of view… Of course you have to keep it exciting and new so color and form are also big inspirations. Part of my day job is to stay on top of trends and popular culture so I am always researching new areas of inspiration.

7.) Why did you choose to create the items you make?
Because I kept buying interesting and pretty things at thrift stores and didn’t know what to do with them! And I have always made jewelry as a hobby so they naturally carried over as a creative outlet. It is funny since I design clothes for a living you would think that would be my outlet but in today’s industry you don’t get to work with your hands and you are always limited by what your customers (not you) want. I sit a computer all day at work for the most part so this is a way for me to get in touch with my handmade roots if you will.

8.) When did you start your store/selling the things you make?
I started selling to my work friends a couple years ago but I just opened my Etsy store!

Bird BathDrip Drop
Journey To The Center Of The Earth
Atomic Bomb

4 people had something to say:

OurWanderingAdventures said...

great new shop!!

Caitlin said...

Oh leslie! You've been tagged!

Caitlin said...

Nah. Or if you're nosy, I'm nosy too. I love random facts about people! And the 15 facts is the one you're tagged for. :D

BeadedTail said...

I enjoyed this feature and really like those Drip Drop earrings!