Thursday, November 13, 2008

When Thanksgiving Dinner Attacks

Today has been like any other day except i got attacked by a gang of turkies!! Yes, you heard right. Turkies. Me & mom were meeting with Mrs. Cambell to see how she wanted the living room & kitchen designed. She was at her & her husbands house on their farm. They have turkies, chickens, kitties, & puppies. All are which are ok with me except the turkies. I have been terrified of them all my life. I don*t tell a lot of people that because its stupid, after all it is a big bird. A terrifying big bird! Mrs. Cambell owns 34 turkies & she has been raising them for the past few months for Thanksgiving. They are huge! Anyhoo, mom & i showed up & she welcomed us into the house. She & mom walked around the house for a few minutes then i stopped in the kitchen to chat about the design she wants in their other house. I told mom i was going to the car to get my binder i would be back. I walked outside & went to grab my binder, i looked standing at the back of my car & it was the ugliest thing i*ve ever seen. The turkey! I stepped into my car & i thought i would wait for him to leave. I looked up through my font window & there were 15 more turkies walking up to my car. I was a little distured but i was ok. The ugliness walk around my car peeking at it i*m guessing because they could see themselves? some get up to the door of my passenger side as well as my driver side & the stretched their scaly necks up & were looking at me & i could still here them peeking at my tires & car. I*m still a little disturbed but im still ok, then the huge alpha bird jumps ontop of my hood, he has 1 foot on the hood & 1 foot on my windshield wiper to prop himself up & he is looking at me & tilting his head. I freaked out! Since i*ve seen to many movies i was like "HE*S GOING TO PEEK HIS WAY IN & PEEK ME TO DEATH!!!". { Just a little dramatic huh? } My cellphone was inside on the table { i would have gotten photo's - you cant make this stuff up! lol } so i couldnt call my mom. I resorted to blowing the horn 3 times, nothing they just GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLED. I turned on the car to see if it would scare him & he just turned around to look at me & puffed up. I tried he horn again, Mrs. Cambell ran outside & scooped him up in her arms & put him on the ground & shoooed them away. I opened the door & told her i was scared of them & she apologized. She said they follow anyone they see go anywhere & they are drawn to the red of my car because their water feeder is red. I felt like an idiot but we laughed for like 20 minutes. My mom almost peed herself laughing & she didnt even hear me blowing the horn or the dog barking!!! Has anyone else had a rather unique day?

6 people had something to say:

The Stewart Stuff said...

That is too funny! I feel your pain! I was chased by a wild rooster as a kid and my dad had to take a baseball bat to it to get it to leave me and my sisters alone....it was 'taken care of'! Thanks for the laugh!
-10oneworld

Jan said...

This is a hilarious story! Thanks for sharing!

Jess said...

great story!! Hilarious!

OurWanderingAdventures said...

hahahaha!! Love your story! My biggest fear is against fish, so I totally feel your pain about being afraid of something not scary to others :) Birds are a super close second! haha!

Thanks for the kind words on my blog too!

missknits said...

omgosh! i hate to laugh lol because its funny but i feel for you too! i probably would have been freaked out as well! lol instead of THE BIRDS, its THE TURKEYS! lol

so does that mean you are having ham for thanksgiving this year instead? lol

Unknown said...

haha so funny!