Sunday, December 28, 2008

What's What

Here lately i have noticed i need a break. I know my job isn't stressful or anything of that nature. But i got mad at my sewing machine because the thread kept falling out of the needle while i was trying to sew a pouch together. I think i covered every cuss word in the book { & some ive made up along the way because they add the fine touch to the situation} & the chinchilla was looking at me with an attitude too - so i let him have it as well. I said i was sorry then picked him up and squeezed him. He let me only because i think he was fearing for his life. I just want to be able to go to the beach & hang out for a weekend or a week. Mom & dad's beach house are empty for the next month, maybe i could set up shop there? I*ve also thought about going to the mountains to do some cave searches. A few of my friends went and they said it was awesome. There are people there that hang around and wont let you get lost. I know there is no need to ask Justin because he doesn't have any time off for work & he wouldn't like it. They said it's totally dark & ya have to wear hard hats & head lamps. How cool would that be? AWESOME! There is this 1 cave that has a 70 foot drop. Needless to say you have to ascend down & back up. When Heath went they said they stayed in for 10 hours and the guys that work there came to get them out. Apparently you can only stay in 10 hours then they make you come up for air. All i know is im feeling a little restless. I*m tired of hearing video games & doing the same thing over & over again. I feel myself falling apart & i don't know how to stop it. Do you ever feel that way? What do you do? I made a new zipper pouch last night but i was gone all day so i couldn't get any good photo's. It will make it's debut tomorrow.

7 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

greetings by way of etsy!
--equivoque

Duni said...

In the beginning that happened to me too. Very frustrating! Nowadays I only use the highest quality thread I can find. Problem solved.

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

It sounds like you already know what to do..get away from the same old scene for a while, so that you appreciate it when you come back. I myself run, my only sanity I do believe. Some days I wish I could do that all day long. It relaxes me. Go out and have some fun and shake off the cobwebs in your head!! You do deserve it you know!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Delilah said!! Definitely get out. Anytime you are in nature, like the caves or the beach or just outside in general if you can't do some of the other things, it can really help clear your mind. You might take a journal and camera with you to record thoughts and capture moments, too.

I am so sure it will help!! ((((hugs))))
Rhonda

Ruth said...

I am totally having the same problem lately. I have a 10 day trip planned in April, but I think I need to do something to get away for a while before then, even if it's just for a day or 2...

Mamadama said...

Sometimes restlessness is the sign of a breakthrough...
Something good is coming!

missknits said...

i hear ya! i start to get cabin fever around this time every year! sounds like you are due for a bit of a break, even if its just a weekend! sometimes a little refresher does the mind/body some good! hope you get out and find a lil time to rejuvenate! :)