Sunday, March 16, 2008

Presenting These Lovely Shops

I found a few more shops with a lot of talent! Check them out!

HotFlashGlass
1. I started beading in January 2007 and really absolutely love it. As time went by and just recently I took a class in glass fusing and I purchased a Paragon SC3 Kiln. I am so addicted to fusing glass.

2. I craft because I enjoy creating things and showing them to friends and family and promoting them to sell. Better to craft than to just sit and do nothing.

3. Fusing Glass is unbelievable you just have no idea how the piece is going to come out. I am so glad I have the little window on my kiln because I get to watch as it melts and forms together for it beautiful piece.

4. My husband friends and family thinks that it is so great. They always tease me that I can never sit still always have to be doing something and most of the time I am creating down in my studio.

5. Life itself inspires me. I thank god every morning for waking up. I believe in living each day to the fullest because you never know what tomorrow will bring. I put all my inspiration into creating handmade beautiful glass fused pendants.

Nolaladysplace2
1. I started crafting as a child, about 10, when my grandmother taught me to crochet.
2. I always have a house full of people and animals and I consider my crafting to be therapy!
3. I love to make jewelry because I love to wear it!
4. I have 3 daughters (19-27) who think I should just give it all to them and not worry myself selling it. Sometimes I have to hide things.
5. I like to make things I would wear. I also try to keep up with fashion trends. I love to do fun things.

kschaffter
1)I suppose I could say I've been a lifelong crafter, making things since I was a little kid. But it has been within the last several years that I've become very serious about crafting. Four years ago I learned to crochet and made scarves for practically everyone I knew, and making my jewelry has been a passion of mine for the past two years.

2)People actually ask me this a lot. "You actually LIKE making jewelry?". Why yes, I do. I love trying new ideas and seeing how they turn out. I love getting compliments on what I wear and replying that I made it myself. I love creating unique pieces to give as gifts. I simply love everything about crafting and creating things.

3)I guess I could classify myself as being in a "wire" stage at this point in my life. I love making wire wrapped jewelry. There are endless possibilties and I have a blast creating new pieces.

4)My family and friends are very supportive of me selling my goodies. I'm only seventeen, and am trying to earn some money for college. I have my jewelry for sale at a shop in the town I live in and am trying to get my stuff out there as much as possible. Everyone is very supportive of what I'm trying to do.

5)Life inspires me. The people I meet, the places I go, the music I play, the art I create, the books I read... everything inspires me. Most of my jewelry is bright and colorful, which I suppose is inspired from my optimistic view of the world at my young age. :)

CelticKnot

1. I started crafting during the summer of 2007. I never imagined in a million years that I would get into jewelry making, but now I can't imagine not doing it. My husband was in the Navy during that time and was away for several months on a deployment. I was very much alone and needed something creative to do to occupy my mind. I quickly fell in love with making bookmarks and earrings. Soon I will be expanding my craft to wine glass charm ID tags and perhaps zipper pulls and eyeglass keeper strands.

2. I craft because I love the creative outlet and I love making earrings and bookmarks for my loved ones. I also hope to make some extra money with my items. I am always thrilled when someone I don't know compliments my work!

3. I am a bibliophile so I was thrilled when I found the silver shepherd's hook bookmarks in my local bead store. I also love celtic knots, anything celestial, and natural crystals and stones.

4. When I first started making bookmarks and earrings, my friends and family were very supportive and requested customized items. Soon they were coming back to me with requests for THEIR friends who loved what they saw. I received so much encouragement and compliments that I had the confidence to create a shop on Etsy.

5. I am inspired by my wonderful husband, nature, and my love of life and jewelry making.

2 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Nice finds! I really like that bracelet. I did one in that style a long time ago and forgot about it, but it was fun to make.

Nnairda's said...

I love the color choices that you found.

It looks like everyone likes Lavendar from your poll. It has such a calming and spiritual mood to it.

Blessings!